Friday, October 9, 2009

Busted Again !

Me and my friends were always sneaking around and smoking whatever we could find to smoke. One time I found an open pack of Camel cigarettes in our garage. I was about 12 or 13 years old. The cigarettes belonged to my dad and he had left them there, probably for future use. I thought about not taking them for a minute but my friends encouraged me or dared me to take them anyway. So we were standing there talking about where we could go to smoke them. One of the guys had a lighter so we decided we would go across the street and go out behind Leonard Johnson's barn and smoke all we could before supper.

While we were standing there my mother drove in the driveway and I panicked when I saw her. I shoved the pack of cigarettes into the front of my pants. I didn't realize that the pack was upside down and that when I started walking up the driveway the cigarettes were coming out of the pack and falling down my pant leg onto the ground. We walked on out of the driveway and headed for Leonard's barn. We smoked all of them, probably 10 cigarettes. There was 3 of us so we each had a good smoking session. After we finished smoking my friends went on back to their houses and I headed home for supper.

When I went in I washed my hands and face and proceeded to the supper table. When I sat down I noticed my plate was turned upside down. I knew I was in trouble but I didn't know what for. After my dad offered a prayer of thanks for the meal, I turned my plate right side up and then I knew what I was in trouble for. There lay 3 Camel cigarettes. I looked at mom and then dad and they didn't say a word ... they just looked at me with a stare that would kill.

I was busted, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment